Sunday, December 2, 2012

One year...

Wow! I can hardly believe it's been a year since I last made an entry on this blog site! For those of you, who are unaware... On Sept 23, 2011, I had a stroke. I lost the entire left side. In the course of the following year, I have road the roller coaster of recovery to the point where I am today. I've performed this last summer with the help of Jack Elliott, and started to regain that which was lost. with winter still trying to decide what it wants to do, I set my sights, and make some goals for these next several months. As I continue to regain mobility, I will refine that so I can again do so with out the cane. I will continue to re-engage the use of my left arm, and strengthen it. I will also continue to re-establish connections to my hand, and continue to strengthen and re-enforce fine motor skills. Most importantly, I will begin a healthy regimen of vocal exercises, to bring back the strength and control of my singing voice. All in all it will be a lot of work, but I have my goals to again perform with my guitar, and they will not happen without my continued efforts.

No comments: